Researchers are working towards developing platforms and strategies that leverage digital technology to measure, monitor and manage urban and rural forests to maximize social, economic and ecological benefits. At Purdue University the Integrated Digital Forestry Initiative (IDiF) brings together a multidisciplinary research team to revolutionize forestry with an effective digital system for precision forest management and build a globally competitive next generation workforce for the information age. More information can be found at https://purdue.ag/digitalforestry….Read More
Dr. Songlin Fei, Dr. Keith Woeste, Dr. Brady Hardiman, Dr. Guofan Shao, Rado Gazo, Joseph Hupy, and John Couture
- Shao, G., Shao, G.F., and Fei, S. 2018. Delineation of individual deciduous trees in plantations with low-density LiDAR data. International Journal of Remote Sensing 40(1):346-363.
- LaRue, E.A., Hardiman, B.S., Elliott, J.M.. and Fei, S. 2019. Structural diversity as a predictor of ecosystem function. Environmental Research Letters 14:114011.
- Miller, Z., Hupy, J., Chandrasekaran, A., Shao, S., and Fei, S. Application of Post-Processing Kinematic Methods with UAS Remote Sensing in Forest Ecosystems. Journal of Forestry.(accepted).
- Chandrasekaran et al. Delineation and measurement of hardwood tree plantations with UAS imagery. Journal of Forestry. In review.
- LaRue, E.A., Wagner, F., Fei, S., Atkins, J., Fahey, R., Gough, C., and Hardiman, B. 2020. Compatibility of aerial and terrestrial LiDAR for quantifying forest structural diversity. Remote Sensing 12(9): 1407
- Shao, G., Shao, G.F., Gallion, J., Saunders, M.R., Frankenberger, J.R., and Fei, S. 2018. Improving Lidar-Based Forest Aboveground Biomass Estimation with Regard to Site Productivity in Temperate Hardwood Forests. Remote Sensing of Environment. 204: 872-882.